This recipe makes only 6 - 8 appetizers so double as needed for the holiday buffet table. I usually make 48 servings (6 x's this recipe) and they magically disappear! Also, I like to keep the red and green theme on the table and this works well.
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup of vodka (extra may be required for chef)
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tsp hot pepper sauce (or more if you like things hotter)
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 rounded tablespoon prepared horseradish
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/3 pounds of sirloin cut into large bite-sized pieces, about 1 inch square
- More salt and pepper or a steak seasoning blend
- 6 or 8 bamboo skewers
Heat a small saucepan over med heat. Add oil and onions and saute 5 minutes. Add vodka (to the pan!) an boil to reduce by half. Add Worcestershire, hot sauce, tomato sauce and horseradish. Stir to combine the dipping sauce and return the sauce to a simmer. Add salt and pepper and adjust to taste.
Heat nonstick skillet over high heat. Coat meat bites lightly in oil. Season with steak seasoning blend or salt and pepper. Cook the meat until caramelized all over, about 2 minutes on each side. Transfer dipping sauce to a small dish and place at the centre of a serving platter. Surround the dip with meat bites and set the skewers alongside the meat.
If you're thinking about selling, I'd love to meet with you and provide a Market Analysis and go over my Marketing Plan - it is the little things that make the difference.**
Sotheby's International Realty Canada, Brokerage*
Serving the Kingston, Gananoque and the 1000 Islands Region
- come for a visit and stay for a lifetime!
*Each office independently owned and operated.
** There is nothing on this blog that is intended to solicit business from anyone already under contract with another Realtor
The opinions expressed on this blog are the personal opinions of Susan Emo
If you are a non-member and would like to comment, please feel free to contact me.
Take a moment to visit my facebook fan page at
and click "LIKE" today!